What would it be like if there were no mobile phones?
- What would you do?
- How could you live?
- Would we have to email from a computer?
- Use a telephone box to make calls when we are in the street?
- Make use of the telephone at home. Share its use.
- Would we have the art of conversation back?
- A silence from all those ringtones?
Today we are in a state of grief. Similar to how you would feel just after losing the use of a mobile phone.
Our servant king died yesterday.
- What are we to do?
- How shall we continue?
- Why couldn't it have been us instead of him?
Joseph of Arimathea, as any friend would do, wrapped the body in fresh linen and laid it in a tomb.
Like so many tragedies there is a sense of loss, a quiet time before we have to pick ourselves up again. Today is that quiet time. It is a time to think about all the 'what ifs'. It is a time to think about 'how I can change'.
It is simply a time to think!
God, make us think about our actions and how we can change those that need changing.